THE FURNITURE TECHNOLOGY CENTRE TRUST
INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE TRUSTEES
REFERENCE NUMBER: FURN2023/1
The Furniture Technology Centre Trust (Furntech) is a in the business of development and its core pillars and strategic focus is the Business Technology Incubation (BTI) programmes and the accredited Skills Development programmes which places the organisation at the centre of wealth creation (sustainable SME development) and empowerment (human resource development).
Furntech is looking to appoint Independent Non-Executive Trustees to further enhance the existing mixture of skills and experience in its Board of Trustees.
The Independent Non-Executive Trustees must:
a. Have experience in one of the following areas: Small Business Development- OR Local
Economic Development- OR Skills Development strategy.
b. Have an understanding in all phases of a developmental agenda.
c. Provide guidance on policies and governance frameworks and make recommendation for improvements.
d. If successful, be prepared to assume the obligations that are associated with discharging their responsibilities, including devoting the required time and effort into the role.
The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
a. Local Economic Development
d. Human Resources / Labour Law
The following minimum requirements must be met in order to be considered for these roles:
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience at a senior management level.
• Experience in the implementation of a developmental agenda in a non-profit organisation.
• Strong understanding of Auditing and Compliance, Labour Law, Human Resources, Marketing and Risk Management.
• Professional Board member experience will be an added advantage.
• Must be a mature high-level strategic thinker with proven all round business acumen.
• Non-existence of conflict of interest associated with other professional roles.
• A proven track record of possessing a high level of accountability and integrity.
• Exceptional communication skills and a good work ethic.
FURNTECH EMBRACES THE PRINCIPLES OF THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT.
CLOSING DATE: 15 MARCH 2023.
Interested applicants must forward a detailed cv and supporting documentation by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This submission should also include a motivation of how you can make a contribution to the mandate of Furntech.
• An internal selection committee will review all applications.
• Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates.
• All short-listed applicants may be subjected to reference checks.
• If you have not been contacted within 1 month of closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
• Personal information that is collected is processed lawfully in terms of POPIA.