The Furniture Technology Centre Trust (Furntech) offers support to new, existing and start-up businesses by providing incubation facilities and accredited skills training for aspiring entrepreneurs with a passion for woodworking and furniture manufacturing.
Furntech, with the support of the Mpumalanga Department of Economic Development and Tourism (DEDT) is offering the following skills programmes in furniture manufacturing to selected individuals.
- Wood Machining Cabinet Making NQF Level 2
Interested individuals are invited to attend a compulsory INFORMATION SESSION to be held as follows:
Venue: 05 Indus Road, White River, 1240 (Opposite Traffic Department)
Date: 14 / 15 June 2023 (Attend only one of the dates)
Time: 10h30 – 12h00
The presentation is directed at persons who are interested in pursuing a career in furniture manufacturing with a view to starting their own furniture manufacturing and/or furniture design business.
THIS INVITATION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A JOB OFFER.
Candidates must bring along the following documents (certified copies or originals only):
- Identity Document,
- CV, and
- Applicable qualifications (i.e., matric etc.).
- Minimum Grade 10 with maths / maths literacy
- South African Citizen
- Be willing to work in the wood working industry
- Positive attitude and potential to be developed
- Commitment to be available fulltime for duration of the training
The training will take place at Furntech White River over a period of 15 weeks.